A software engineer with experience writing and running manual tests.
I have also created automated test tools in PERL and in CLI to regression test both
modem concentrator cards and network management systems allowing for faster and more thorough coverage.
Extensive documentation experience writing test plans and test procedures. Other experience includes all
phases of product lifecycle:
- Stress testing and performance benchmarking in the modem and network management area
- Writing and inspecting functional and design specifications, code and test plans.
- New product system integration.
Software Languages And Protocols Hardware
- Solaris, Unix, UnixWare, Linux, DOS ∑ Compaq, Sun, Mac, Sequoia
- PERL, C, TcL, C shell, Visual Basic ∑ TAS 2000 Telephone Network Emulator
- Crosstalk, ProComm ∑ RAID storage arrays, Digiboard
- WinRunner, QA Partner/SILK, SQA Robot ∑ Protocol analyzers
- T1 PRI, TCP/IP, Token Ring, X.25
Omni Marketing, Rockland, MA April 2002 - Present
Developer of Automated Telephone systems for lead generation for Marketing and Sales support
Customer Service Assistant
- Provided telephone customer support for the sales and marketing to 12+ retailers.
- Independently developed strategies for promoting sales and overcoming objections.
- Consistently met or exceeded expectations.
Wildfire Corporation, Waltham, MA June 2001 - January 2002
Developer of Automated Telephone Assistant systems software
- Created Visual Basic tools to extract test case descriptions and requirements (bullets, tables etc.) from word documents and load them to a WinRunner flat text database which enhanced tractability between project requirements and the test cases that verify them.
- Wrote Test Plans and Test Procedures for QA group to test OAMP (Operations, Administration, Maintenance and Provisioning) user interfaces for the Enterprise Project.
- Developed a test plan and procedures to validate the Compaq CIM (web based network management tool) as Wildfire's remote monitoring tool for the New Platform Project.
3Com Corporation, Marlboro, MA June 1999 - May 2001
Developer of Remote Access Server hardware and software.
- Wrote the test plan for the Janeway project; a 96 modem chassis card. Taught myself PERL and designed and wrote a regression test program for Janeway
- Developed Word macros which created test cases for my Janeway regression test program from my test plan doc further reducing development time. My test program provided full coverage for all modem configuration commands saving 1.5 man days of testing per code revision. Code was extendable to perform end to end testing.
- Ran performance tests using the TAS 2000 Telephone Network Emulator and 240 Voiceband Loop Emulator
- Provided visual basic tools to extract and summarize data from web based nightly test reports
- Tested code, logged defects, and verified fixes using Tracker defect tracking system.
BBN CORP., Cambridge, MA December 1996-June 1999
Developer of advanced wired and wireless networks, speech recognition systems and acoustic systems for industry and defense.
Software Quality Engineer
- Wrote and executed test plans for Y2K testing of applications and hardware.
- Used Microsoft Word macros to create and format test cases (including over 2000 pages of screen captures) in support of ISYSCON to the exacting demands of the DOD. Made possible the completion of the project on time without additional hired clerical help.
- Designed, wrote and implemented a test plan for the Korean Network Management System, a CORBA based network management and report generating system, for the Armed Forces of the Republic of Korea.
SEQUOIA SYSTEMS, INC., Marlboro, MA June 94-Sept 96
Manufacturer and supplier of fault tolerant and high availability Unix based systems.
Product Assurance Engineer
- Enhanced existing stress tests uncovering a critical bug in mirrored disk storage system. Received award for accomplishment.
- Wrote test plans and schedules and executed stress and performance tests to integrate new products and peripherals into high availability systems.
- Through team building with customer support and development devised methods to isolate, analyze, and diagnose problems and find innovative approaches to testing and verification.
- Recommended to marketing, sales, customer service and product launch teams system configurations which enhanced performance, data integrity and system availability to fulfill customer requirements.
COMMUNICATIONS SOFTWARE, INC., Melrose, MA March 94-May 94
A startup company specializing in high speed PC networking over serial and parallel ports
Tested Remote Access Disk Drive(RAD2) software user interface and performed document review and verification of the users guide
MICROCOM, INC., Norwood, MA August 93- Feb 94
A manufacturer of modems, routers and Lan Access hardware and software.
- On my own initiative created a test bed using CrossTalk and Procomm Plus to regression and stress test their parallel port modem on live phone lines using 20 desktops and laptops allowing us to meet the FCS deadline with higher quality.
- Coordinated with firmware and software development groups to assure all defects were addressed. Verified all Deskporte Fast driver fixes and maintained and disseminated information from the Deskporte defect database.
CAYMAN SYSTEMS, INC., Cambridge, MA September 92-March 93
A manufacturer of "Gator" brand LocalTalk to Ethernet & Ethernet to Ethernet routers and Unix to AppleTalk print and file servers.
- Lead meetings to prioritize defects. Followed up to ensure fixes were verified and closed. Extended and maintained their bug database using Claris FileMaker.
- Developed test plans for the GatorBox EX, Caymanís Ethernet to Ethernet router, GatorKeeper, the Mac based configuration tool and CLI, the low level device configuration language.
- Performed tests which verified user interfaces, product performance and protocol handling.
MOTOROLA CODEX, Canton, MA February 88-January 92
A manufacturer of data communications and network management systems.
- Developed an innovative automated test system for the Codex 9000 Integrated Network Management System by expanding the Codex Command Line Interface (CLI) language into a programmable language. Wrote programs allowing the entire Quality Assurance group to run automated functional and regression tests on modems which improved product reliability and reduced manual testing by 1 man day per revision.
- Conducted design, code and test plan reviews. As acting liaison between software development and quality assurance groups insured that the CLI tool would fully meet both customer and quality assurance requirements.
- Created and performed tests to benchmark the performance of the 9800 and ensure product enhancements and fixes met performance goals.
TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH, Canton MA
Junior Warden, 1991-1996
Senior Warden, 1997-present
Draft and/or negotiate contracts for facilities maintenance including roof replacement ($140K), HVAC, remodeling, electrical, fire and security, exterior painting, siding and parking lot paving. Negotiated and/or drafted lease arrangements for renters. Led lease negotiations with Cellular telephone company for the erection of a cellular transmission tower (~$500K). Worked with the town board of selectman, zoning board of appeals, board of health, building inspection, etc. to assure that all applicable laws and regulations were met and/or variances given.
Quality Assurance Boston Computer School
PERL In house Training Program
Advanced C, Integrated Computer Systems, Inc.
Windows NT Workstation and NT Server In house Training Program
Basic Project Management & Time Management Worcester Polytechnic Institute
B.S. Hobart College, Geneva, NY Major: Biology Minor: Computer Science